Ever purchased a formal dress for an important event, spent way too much, and then felt guilty afterwards? Hate seeing that dress in your closet, and wishing you could wear it again? Love that dress, but know that since its posted
on your social media, you probably won’t wear it again?
Let’s face it ladies…men wear the same tuxedo or suit over and over again, but we have to have a new dress for each formal event or we just don’t feel pretty! That’s a lot of money for the dress, undergarments, handbag, shoes, and jewelry. Here are some tips that will save you money and help you feel fabulous for your next formal event, gala, wedding, awards banquet, or charity ball…
5 Tips for saving money on a special occasion dress:
- Shop Consignment – most formal dresses are worn only once or not at all! Someone else paid full price and you’ll probably pay only 1/3 of retail. Check out www.LeDressBoutique.com where they consign and sell new, sample, and once-loved special occasion dresses. Also AtlantaConsignmentStores.com
- Shop Thrift Stores – You might have to hunt a little harder, but there are deals to be found! In Atlanta? Check out the Buckhead Thriftique on Miami Circle.
- Check out online clearance sites – like Bluefly.com
- Buy OFF Season – if you have the same event each year.
- Hold a DRESS SWAP with your closest friends. Make it fun and trade dresses.
Whatever your do, remember that smart ladies never pay full price for a dress they’ll wear only once! Happy hunting and look fabulous!
Check out these three new, discounted wedding gown arrivals at Le Dress Boutique, Luxury Consignment in Atlanta.
This Mori Lee, style 1809 wedding gown is soft ivory features a soft sweetheart neckline, beaded insert at the bust, and a natural waist with beaded waistband. It flows nicely off the hips to a skirt that moves and sways so nicely when you walk. This sample wedding gown retails for $850 and at Le Dress Boutique, we have her for only $650. Why would you pay full price when you can put that money towards your wedding reception?
If you love the quality of a couture wedding gown but just can’t afford the price tag, then this Oscar de la Renta “Ashton” style 55E22 lace wedding gown with full tulle skirt may just-make your romantic wedding gown dreams come true. This is one of our “once-loved” designer wedding gowns. Our consignor paid $9,990 for this bridal gown and hundreds more to have it cleaned, but you can snag this wonderful bridal gown for only $3,620. Click the photo for all the details.
And what bride wouldn’t want to get married in this body skimming Anne Barge Belle du Jour lace and silk organza wedding gown? Anne Barge is one of our favorite wedding gown designers for her attention to detail and quality construction that makes dresses fit so perfectly. This sample wedding gown retails for $8,130 but our bridal gown consignment is only $2,795. Check her out along with every bridal gown that is in stock at our Atlanta Bridal Boutique.
Le Dress Boutique is located in Atlanta’s Sandy Springs/Perimeter area, just 3 blocks from Bridals By Lori. Reach us at 404842-1955. www.LeDressBoutique.com
To all of our brides that are soon to be married, you are probably on the search for your perfect dress! Well, at Le Dress Boutique, Luxury Consignment in Atlanta you can find a dress appropriate for any venue and at 30-80% off what the other bridal shops charge for the same designers!
- Picture yourself at your venue? Will you be in the grass, in a barn, on a beach, or walking down the aisle in a large church?
- Some fabrics aren’t appropriate for some venues. Satin is a heavy, dressy, elegant fabric that does not breathe. This fabric is uncomfortable for outdoor, warm weather weddings (anything over 70 degrees). Tulle skirts will act like a rake and sweep up twigs and leaves if you are walking on grass or outdoors without a runner. Ask your consultant for advice on fabrics.
- Does your dress have sufficient volume for your space? If you are getting married in a grand hotel room, large church, or big space, you’ll be lost in your slinky, close the body space. A larger space calls for a little bit of volume, and smaller, more intimate spaces, call for a smaller, closer to the body fit.
Here are some examples of wedding dresses and the type of wedding venues they work with…
Las Vegas or Art Gallery Wedding
Church or Synagogue Weddings
Farm, Barn, or Country Chic Wedding
Go to LeDressBoutique.com to see the rest of our inventory!
206 B Johnson Ferry Rd. NE Atlanta, GA 30328 / 404.842.1955
Well ladies, you have now spent months planning, organizing, and celebrating your wedding/marriage…and it was fabulous and fun, but now what do you do with that stunning white gown you spent so much on? Many women hold on to their gowns thinking that their daughters may re-wear it, but we’ve got bad news for you, they’re probably NOT going to wear it!! Styles are constantly changing in the wedding industry and all brides want the newest and best dress! We know this can be sad for some women to realize… but it doesn’t have to be that sad! Why, you ask? If you bring your dress into Le Dress within a year to two of purchasing it, we will consign it for you! So instead of collecting dust in your closet, it will find a new home and be a very special moment for another bride! (AND you will make some extra $$$!)
Just in case you need some more convincing…
5 Reasons to SELL your wedding gown…
1. Odds are… your daughter is NOT going to wear your dress! Hate to break it to y’all but puffy sleeve and ball gowns are not the latest trends!
2. No matter how beautiful you think it is today, 10 years from now you will wonder, “Why am I still hanging on to this?” Sell it now or forever let it take up SPACE! Once you get married you and your hubby will only acquire more STUFF! And imagine what’ll happen after kids! Go ahead and clean out your closet now for some added space.
3. Wedding gowns have a 1-2 year shelf life after the wedding. They are just like cars and they go down in value each month as newer styles come out. Demand is for the latest styles (1-2 years old), not for the “Classics.” Most bridal consignment shops won’t take a dress that debuted on the market more than 2 years ago. Selling online is even HARDER. Every bride wants the latest thing!
4. You’ve got lots of pictures and videos where you are able to see your wedding dress anytime you want! It’s not like you’ll try it on again and wear it around the house, right?
5. Give another bride the chance to wear a STUNNING gown without having to break her budget!! Many brides that are on a tight budget shop consignment because they can’t spend a ton of money on a dress they’ll only wear once! Why not give pass on your dress, along with some happy wedding day vibes!
Examples of gowns we LOVE!
Submit your dress online at www.ledressboutique.com!
206 B Johnson Ferry Rd. NE 30328/404.842.1955
We are SO excited to tell all of you future brides that we have some incredible new dresses in stock!! Whether you are a traditional bride looking for a classic silhouette and sleeves, or a more modern but romantic bride looking for a more modern fit to flare shape and some lace we have you covered!
This Oscar De La Renta gown is super traditional, but so stunning!! This “Ashton” gown features a strapless neckline (can easily add sleeves or a bolero), chantilly lace over tulle, and a classic A-line silhouette. Originally this gown sold for close to $10,000, but at Le Dress Boutique we have her for just $3620!
The next two gowns are from one of our favorite designers, Anne Barge! Not only are these dresses beautiful, but they are both one-of-a-kind dresses!!
The first has a sweetheart neckline, beaded lace appliques on the front of the dress, and a skirt made of pearl/blush english netting. This is a great dress for an outdoor wedding in the south as it fits perfectly with the oh-so-popular farm chic wedding theme, and it’s super light weight so you won’t get too hot!
This Anne Barge gown features a deep v-neck neckline, delicate gold embroidery down the front of the gown, and a slight a-line silhouette. This gown is uber romantic and whimsical!
See these dresses along with the rest of our inventory at www.ledressboutique.com!
206 B Johnson Ferry Rd. NE Atlanta, GA 30328/404.842.1955