It is PROM-O-RAMA here at Le Dress Boutique!!! We have some of the trendiest gowns around for this 2015 prom season! In this post we are highlighting some of the hottest prom trends of the year as well as showing you which styles we have to offer.
While browsing through collections, blogs, and prom magazines we have come to the conclusion that there are about three to four major trends this year. Although we don’t list one of those trends below (Crop-top gowns) we do have a wide variety of trendy gowns ranging from sizes 0-20.
Trend 1: Whites/Neutrals
White, Champagne, and Nude are SO in this year! Luckily, Le Dress has quite the range of neutral colored dresses at amazing prices. Here are just a few of our favorites!
Trend Two: Sheer panels
Whether this consists of illusion necklines, or waist cutouts with sheer panels, we are seeing this sheer trend EVERYWHERE! One of the most popular uses for this trend is in the skirt. Dresses with a mermaid silhouette and tulle, sheer skirt are super popular for the 2015 prom season.
Trend Three: Beaded Bust/Waistline
Of course bling is popular for prom, but this year having a completely beaded bodice or waistband is so in! This is great because gowns with this design tend to have an empire waistline and a-line silhouette which looks great on so many girls!
Be sure to shop our entire inventory at www.Ledressboutique.com. We look forward to helping you find your perfect dress! For bridal gowns, you can make your appointment online, or call us!
206-B Johnson Ferry Rd. NE Atlanta, GA 30328/404.842.1955
One of the most important skills we can teach our daughters, is how to make a decision, and stick to it. Prom dress shopping is an excellent lesson on how to showcase body positives, and how to eliminate the dresses that don’t play to those strengths. In our luxury prom consignment shop in Atlanta (Le Dress Boutique), we often see teens who have selected a prom dress that they feel pretty in, that is age appropriate, and that they wish to buy…only to have their mother ask them to try more gowns, or shop more stores. This injects self-doubt for the decision that the daughter has already made. It encourages what we call the pursuit of the “BBD” (Bigger, Better, Dress). If a girl has chosen a dress that makes her smile, feel confident, and walk tall in, then why ask her to doubt that decision?
- Set a budget for the prom dress, and a budget for how much can be spent for the overall prom experience. In 2014, the average expenditure for prom was a whopping $1,139! That’s a lot of $ for just ONE night.
- Choose stores that offer dresses in the price range you can afford. Don’t rule out consignment and resale shops which often offer the $500-$700 gowns for less than 1/2 price. They often have NEW Dresses.
- No matter what she says, your daughter will only wear the dress ONCE!
- Help her see how each dress accentuates her body positives, and help her eliminate the ones that don’t.
- Don’t encourage endless shopping. If your daughter settles on a dress that is within budget, age and style appropriate, and that she LOVES…let her buy it. Remind her that once they money is spent, she is done.
- The dress that is best is the one that makes her face light up. This can be achieved on even a small budget.
- Praise her choice for its positive aspects and how it makes her smile. Tell her she is pretty in it…SHE REALLY WANTS TO HEAR YOU SAY THOSE WORDS!
I recently praised a mom who helped her plus-sized daughter select a figure appropriate dress. The girl was a size 16 and top heavy. The daughter was settling on one dress and the mom stepped up and did what we as sales consultants normally do…She pointed out that the dress showcased her daughter’s small waist, and covered her extra large cleavage. It helped her balance her bust and hips, and the color was wonderful for her skin tone. The mom helped verbalize the thoughts that the daughter had about the dress. I praised the mom for helping the daughter solidify her choice, and for pointing out the positive aspects of her daughter’s figure. BRAVO mom for teaching one of the most important life skills!
Happy Prom Shopping!
The only ALL DRESS, Luxury Consignment Boutique in the Southeast. 404-842-1955
206 Johnson Ferry Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30328
It’s PROM SEASON! We are so excited for prom this year, and helping all of you lovely ladies find your perfect dress! …But Hey? Remember that dress from last year sitting in your closet, begging to be worn? Instead of leaving it in your closet to collect dust…bring it in to Le dress!! This way your dress gets to be worn again, and you make money..I’d call that a win win.
If you haven’t consigned with us, here are a few pointers to ensure you get the maximum amount of profit!
- Save ALL tags, receipts, extra beads. A lot of times dresses comes with a small bag of extra sequins or beads, these are important and can be a factor in whether or not your dress sells!
- Don’t wait! We prefer to take gowns that are only 1 year old, but can go up to two years. Why? Girls want the latest trends!
- A higher end gown will bring in more money, i.e…Sherri Hill, Terani, Jovani
- Start NOW! Girls have already started shopping, so the sooner we get your dress the more looks your dress will get.
We’ve listed some dresses that really showcase some trends of the 2015 prom season! If you’d like to consign your dress. Make an appointment today at www.ledressboutique.com
206-B Johnson Ferry Rd. NE Atlanta, GA/404.842.1955
We are so excited for 2015! So much so, that we are marking down EVERY clearance gown down by another 20%. This includes wedding gowns, formal/prom dresses, and cocktail! This fabulous sale will run through December 30th. Come find your perfect New Years dress at Le Dress Boutique!
(Retail: $895, Le Dress through 12/30: $316)
(Retail: $1100, Le Dress through 12/30: $380)
(Retail: $400, Le Dress through 12/30, $79.20)
(Retail: $288, Le Dress through 12/30, $79.20)
We have these lovely dresses in stock, plus SO much more! Stop by our boutique or shop online at www.ledressboutique.com!
Happy New Year from Le Dress! We look forward to helping you find your perfect dress!
206 Johnson Ferry Rd. NE Atlanta, GA 30328/404.842.1955
We all know that the cost of weddings is astronomical in today’s time, so why not save every penny where you can? Many times brides buy a dress and want some sort of accessory to just add a little something, some “umph” if you will. We often times recommend a sash either of a different color or one with some embellishments. At a normal salon this recommendation could run you an extra $500-$1500, and sometimes more!
Le Dress Boutique is here to say…STOP! We can help! We offer a wide variety of bridal sashes from lace to vintage to bedazzled. Every now and then we may have a sash or two get pricey but for the most part ours stay between the $100 and $350 mark. We also offer veils, headbands, and combs. A lot of our accessories are listed online but we have even more in our boutique. So if you are, or know a bride about to throw down a pretty penny for her accessories make sure you tell her to come see us first. We love saving our brides money and stress while planning their big day. You can see all of our inventory at www.ledressboutique.com With Luv, Le Dress
206-B Johnson Ferry Rd. NE Sandy Springs, GA 30328/404.842.1955