You’ve heard about “sample wedding gown” sales, but are they a good deal? What should you look for?
Bridal shops purchase a certain number of sample wedding dresses from each designer, two times per year. During your bridal appointment, you try on the sample bridal gown, and if you want that dress, they order it in the size closest to your measurements. If the dress is a good seller, the designer will keep it in production for 2 or 3 seasons (fall and spring) or perhaps slightly longer. If it is not a great seller, it may only stay in production for 1-2 seasons. When the bridal gown style is discontinued, the dress is no longer orderable and no longer much use the bridal shop. Thus these dresses are put on the sample sale rack or included in a 1 day “sample sale”. They can be a great deal if you shop smart.
Here are a few things you should know if attending a wedding gown Sample Sale…
- Sample sales often one-day, high-pressure “Buy It Now” events. Before pulling the trigger, ask yourself if you would you purchase the gown if you were in a normally scheduled bridal appointment?
- Size matters. A good seamstress can alter a wedding gown down 2 sizes, but NEVER buy a dress that is too small! If it won’t zip, SKIP IT.
- If you buy a dress more than 2 sizes too large, it will loose it’s proportions during alterations.
- All sales are FINAL! Inspect your purchase carefully.
- Look for condition issues. If the dress needs cleaning, if will cost you an average of $200 in Atlanta to have it professional dry cleaned. All cleaners are not created equal!
- Check for lipstick, blood, or rips in delicate fabrics like silk organza.
- Prices are often 40-50% off the original price.
- Most sample wedding gowns are size 8-12 (you will need a gown at least 1 size bigger than your normal size).
You really don’t have to pay full price for a beautiful wedding gown. Bridal Consignment shops often have a large inventory of sample wedding gowns. At Le Dress Boutique in Atlanta, more than 95% of their inventory is new/samples. The pressure is off as you get the normal bridal appointment experience, and the bridal boutique is open 6 days per week. So do include bridal consignment shops in your search for a sample wedding gown too. You’ll have more time to make up your mind.
Happy hunting for your dream wedding dress! And if you’d like to view all the sample wedding gowns at Atlanta’s only luxury bridal consignment shop, click here.
Le Dress Boutique, Luxury Consignment
206 Johnson Ferry Rd NE, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
We are so excited to share a new shipment of fabulous Marisa Baratelli, Thai silk cocktail dresses and evening gowns that just arrived from an overstocked dress boutique. This purple evening gown is perfect for a holiday gala, mother of the bride, or awards banquet.
This royal blue, Thai silk , one shoulder cocktail dress by Marisa Baratelli makes a great statement for most any event.
These dresses normally retail in the $600-1200 price range in high-end dress boutiques in Atlanta, but because we are a luxury consignment boutique, we offer these new, sample, and once-loved dresses at less than 1/2 price. Why pay full price for a dress you’ll probably wear only once?
To see our luxury consignment dresses (no, that does not mean used) please visit us by clicking HERE.
Le Dress Boutique, Luxury Consignment
The hunt is on! Where do you find a great Mother of the Bride, or Mother of the Groom dress in Atlanta? Do you have to break the bank to look fabulous? The answer is no. You can snag a designer mother’s dress at a discount if you know where to look in Sandy Springs. Let’s face it… You’ll probably only wear this very special dress once, so why pay full price?
Perhaps you are looking for a Mother’s dress for a daytime or morning wedding. This Marisa Baratelli dress is made of Thai silk and comes with matching bolero jacket…
Perhaps you need a Mother of the Groom dress that you can cut off and wear again? This Frascara organza a-line gown with one shoulder styling lends itself to being shortened and worn again. You could pay the $1,349 price at one of Atlanta’s full price dress boutiques, but at Le Dress Boutique, Luxury Dress Consignment, you can snag this BRAND NEW evening gown for only $600!
We hope you find a great dress for your son or daughter;s wedding!
Give us a call: 404-842-1955
206 Johnson Ferry Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30328
Ever purchased a formal dress for an important event, spent way too much, and then felt guilty afterwards? Hate seeing that dress in your closet, and wishing you could wear it again? Love that dress, but know that since its posted
on your social media, you probably won’t wear it again?
Let’s face it ladies…men wear the same tuxedo or suit over and over again, but we have to have a new dress for each formal event or we just don’t feel pretty! That’s a lot of money for the dress, undergarments, handbag, shoes, and jewelry. Here are some tips that will save you money and help you feel fabulous for your next formal event, gala, wedding, awards banquet, or charity ball…
5 Tips for saving money on a special occasion dress:
- Shop Consignment – most formal dresses are worn only once or not at all! Someone else paid full price and you’ll probably pay only 1/3 of retail. Check out www.LeDressBoutique.com where they consign and sell new, sample, and once-loved special occasion dresses. Also AtlantaConsignmentStores.com
- Shop Thrift Stores – You might have to hunt a little harder, but there are deals to be found! In Atlanta? Check out the Buckhead Thriftique on Miami Circle.
- Check out online clearance sites – like Bluefly.com
- Buy OFF Season – if you have the same event each year.
- Hold a DRESS SWAP with your closest friends. Make it fun and trade dresses.
Whatever your do, remember that smart ladies never pay full price for a dress they’ll wear only once! Happy hunting and look fabulous!
Check out these three new, discounted wedding gown arrivals at Le Dress Boutique, Luxury Consignment in Atlanta.
This Mori Lee, style 1809 wedding gown is soft ivory features a soft sweetheart neckline, beaded insert at the bust, and a natural waist with beaded waistband. It flows nicely off the hips to a skirt that moves and sways so nicely when you walk. This sample wedding gown retails for $850 and at Le Dress Boutique, we have her for only $650. Why would you pay full price when you can put that money towards your wedding reception?
If you love the quality of a couture wedding gown but just can’t afford the price tag, then this Oscar de la Renta “Ashton” style 55E22 lace wedding gown with full tulle skirt may just-make your romantic wedding gown dreams come true. This is one of our “once-loved” designer wedding gowns. Our consignor paid $9,990 for this bridal gown and hundreds more to have it cleaned, but you can snag this wonderful bridal gown for only $3,620. Click the photo for all the details.
And what bride wouldn’t want to get married in this body skimming Anne Barge Belle du Jour lace and silk organza wedding gown? Anne Barge is one of our favorite wedding gown designers for her attention to detail and quality construction that makes dresses fit so perfectly. This sample wedding gown retails for $8,130 but our bridal gown consignment is only $2,795. Check her out along with every bridal gown that is in stock at our Atlanta Bridal Boutique.
Le Dress Boutique is located in Atlanta’s Sandy Springs/Perimeter area, just 3 blocks from Bridals By Lori. Reach us at 404842-1955. www.LeDressBoutique.com