Its prom season and you love the high-end prom dress that costs $600. How can you get mom and dad to spring the big bucks for this year’s prom gown? Sell last year’s gown, early in the season, and use the money to get the prom dress of your dreams!
Here are some tips on how to get the most money for last year’s prom dress…
- Sell your prom gown EARLY in the season! January is prime season.You have two choices: sell for cash (you’ll get much less $) or consign your prom gown and get more money (but it will take a little longer).
- Selling for Cash – Shops that pay cash typically pay you 30% of what they will sell the dress for. Many of these shops sell for less than high-end dress consignment shops. Last year’s $450 dress might be sold for $225 and the shop will pay you 30% of $225 – netting you $67.50 in cash now.
- Consigning your prom dress – they shop pays you when it sells. Look for a higher-end dress consignment shop like Le Dress Boutique in Atlanta. They would sell the same $450 dress for about $275 and pay you 50% of the selling price when it sells. This would net you $137.50. That’s a lot more cash for your prom dress!
- Ask the store if they will give you a discount if you BUY your prom dress from them. Remember these prom shops often have brand new dresses as well as once-loved gowns.
- REMEMBER, it only has resale value for 1 or maybe 2 years. Don’t hold on to your dress as you’ll never wear it again.
- Save tags and bags of beads. These have the style # and are very important when selling your dress.
We at Le Dress Boutique, Luxury Dress Consignment in Atlanta are wishing you lots of luck in selling your prom gown and hope you have a safe and happy Prom!
You LOVED last year’s prom dress. Its so beautiful and you had such a great time at Prom. But its sitting in the closet and you’ll need another prom gown this year. Here are 5 reasons you should consignment and sell your prom gown now, before prom season starts…
- You’ll NEVER wear it again!
- It cost a lot of money and you want your parents to buy you another great dress for prom this year.
- Another young lady might only be able to afford your fabulous dress if she buys it as a once-loved, prom consignment. You’d be doing a good deed by consigning it so someone else can enjoy it.
- You have to consign your prom dress EARLY in the season to have the best chance to get it sold and get $$ for this year’s dress. Prom shopping starts in early January.
- You’ll be recycling and that’s great for the environment. Prom dresses have resale value for only 1 or 2 years, so don’t hang on to it….Let it go while the style is still fresh.
So be a smart prom shopper and check out prom consignment for yourself. For more info on Le Dress Boutique, Luxury consignment in Atlanta, CLICK HERE or call 404-842-1955. Prom consignment guidelines can be found on our website.
Brides often arrive in our Atlanta bridal consignment boutique with pictures of dresses they love. Unfortunately, they don’t look the same in the dress as the 5’11” model who is rail thin. Here are some pro’s and con’s of wearing them…
This Austin Scarlett “Tara” wedding gown was recently consigned in our bridal boutique by a bride who is only 5’4″ tall. Although it is often difficult for petite brides to wear a ball gown, this one works because of the very fitted bodice with silk satin trim that outlines the dress. If you like a little less fullness, you can remove several layers of tulle.
For brides who like a slimmer silhouette and little bit of old Hollywood glam, this silky charmeuse “Juliette” wedding gown from Kitty Chen is just the ticket. She is slinky and has a beautiful, beaded, sheer back.
If you’ve got great curves and perhaps a fuller bust, then a trumpet wedding gown with straps might be just the ticket to flatter your curvaliciousness! How about this Enzoani “Haleyville” v neck wedding dress with silver trim?
Brides are often self conscious about their hips. For these brides, an a-line is always a flattering fit. We love the detailed tailoring of this Anne Barge “Aspen” a-line wedding gown with pockets.
So whether you are a bride who is tall, or petite, full-figured, or straight, rely on your bridal consultant to advise you. Being open minded at your bridal appointment might help you find a wedding dress that flatters you. Happy wedding dress shopping!
Le Dress Boutique is a luxury bridal consignment boutique in Atlanta, Georgia with NEW, sample and pre-owned wedding gowns at discounted prices. Preview all gowns at LeDressBoutique.com
At our Atlanta bridal shop, we often have brides who like to shop for a wedding dress before they have chosen and booked their wedding venue. In our opinion, this is a big no, no. Why? There are certain fabrics that just don’t work for some venues. We try to get our brides to have their venue chosen and booked BEFORE their bridal appointment, so that we can advise them accordingly.
If you are getting married outdoors, in even slightly warm weather (low to mid 70’s or higher), then satin is a poor choice as it is a dense weave and does not breathe. It is however a very luxurious fabric that has a nice sheen, and is perfect for a more formal, indoor wedding. These two satin wedding gowns are a great choices for indoors weddings…
Having an outdoor wedding? Then choose a lighter weight fabric that will be cooler and move easily. This Francesca Miranda “Martine” embroidered lace overlay wedding gown is a great choice. We just received this fabulous consignment wedding dress from an overstocked bridal boutique.
You’ll also need to think about the volume of the space where your ceremony will be held. If you are in a large volume space, such as a large hall, big church, or museum, then your gown will need to have some volume so that you don’t get lost in the space. This is especially true if you are small or petite bride. For a large volume space them you might want to wear a dress that is fitted to the hip, but gives some drama on the bottom. This dress would not be a good choice for an outdoor, farm or barn wedding as the tulle will sweep up all the leaves and grass in your path.
Our advice is to wait and shop for your wedding gown once you have chosen your wedding and reception venues. Then picture yourself in that venue and ask yourself…”Will this wedding dress look great in that space?”
Happy wedding dress shopping! If you’d like to learn more about our discount designer wedding dress shop in Atlanta, Click Here. We are Le Dress Boutique, Luxury Consignment and more than 95% Of our bridal gowns are new or samples (or purchased by brides who changed their minds)!
The holidays are coming and you’ll need to be ready for all those parties and corporate gatherings. The guys wear the same suit or tux over and over, but not us ladies…we need a NEW DRESS. Don’t bust the bank dressing up for the holidays, snag a deal on a fabulous evening gown or cocktail dress….
Here’s a sexy red, stretch knit dress that’s perfect to impress that special guy…
If you should be invited to a formal or Black Tie event and need an evening gown, you might love this RED gown…
This evening gown is a great choice for a fuller figure. She is all silk and retails for $3,220 but you can snag this great gown for only $495. Why not save? You’ll probably only wear it once!
We recommend checking out all the Atlanta consignment boutiques, but there is only one Atlanta consignment boutique that specializes in formal dresses…
Le Dress Boutique in Atlanta consigns and sells NEW, Sample, and consigned wedding dresses, mother of the bride dresses, cocktail dresses, gowns for Black Tie events, prom and pageant dresses, and party dresses. More than 80% of the dress inventory is NEW and prices are up to 70% off retail. Shopping online at LeDressBoutique.com or call 404-842-1955.